Friday, May 29, 2009

What's goin' on...

So, not too, too much going here any more. I'm still going to New Orleans for the weekend and am really looking forward to that. Thanks again Matt for taking care of my younguns. ;o) I know they will have lots of fun while they are there. Make sure to take pictures. lol. I know you've been so great at that lately. He He:)

We are no longer going to Washington next week to see Petra. Awe :( That's ok though, really. I know we will make it up there someday. I will definitely make it to North Carolina to see that whole clan once they get settled in there. That will be fun.

The original plan was:
1) Go to New Orleans for the weekend of May 30th-May 31st
2) Go to Washington from June 3rd-June 7th
3) Take a weekend trip to Texas if it can be worked out with relatives maybe on the weekend of June 12th or 26th.
4)Have Karen's birthday at Build A Bear on June 20th

Those were my original plans for the month of June as far as anything eventful is concerned. However, since I am not going to Washington, I have made other plans for next week. We weren't planning on spending much money while Washington, doesn't mean we wouldn't have, but we were going to try not to. Anyway, since we aren't going, I have found something else to spend the money on. I know, the smart thing to do with it would be to save it, but that's no fun. :) So, I found out a friend of mine has been trying to sell her bowflex for a while now. It is maybe a year or so old and has been used at most 10 times. I am going to buy that from her. We have certainly had exercise equipment before. I use them for a little while, then end up getting rid of it. Although, the last thing I had, I totally regret not keeping. I think I'll do way better this time. My plans are to go on a serious diet and work my butt off on my new toy, literally! I have gained soooo much weight in the last 2 years, it isn't even funny. And now that I am doing so much better emotionally and am getting "right in the head" I think I will be able to get myself back. I want to get back to the way I was a few years ago.

Ok, now that I've rambled on and on about that, my plans for next week are to completely redo my office space. I am going to pretty much gut that room, paint it, and make it a workout/computer room. I just have so much furniture in there now that I will have to find somewhere else to put most of it. Those bowflex machines are not small. I still have to decide what color I want to use, and we all know I love lots of color. Well, maybe we don't "All" know, but I do. My downstairs, which I've yet to post pictures of, is very colorful. Maybe it's even too colorful. I want the bedroom to be cohesive with the rest of the upstairs though. I do think it is going to take me several days to get this done, so that's good. It will keep me busy. And I am so excited about having a "new" room to workout in. Yay!!!

I know this summer I will also be kept very busy by the kids. The pool in the neighborhood is now open, so we will no doubt spend a lot of time there. We are also going to join the summer reading program at the library, and there are things going on there at least once a week. I have to keep them entertained to some degree I suppose.

Those are pretty much my plans for the month of June. Not too, too much on the list, but enough to keep me happy. I just like to have lots of stuff going on pretty much all of the time. Oh yeah, my birthday is next weekend too, and since Petra will not be making me a glutten free cake (lol), I will be doing something for that as well. We may take a short trip somewhere for the weekend. Right now we are thinking maybe Niagara Falls again. It is just so darn beautiful there. I haven't decided on that just yet.

As for this past weekend, which I've yet to post about, we went up to Matt and Carolyn's. We had a good time. Just hangin' out in the pool/hot tub, watchin' movies, kids playin'. You get the gist. I really do like going up there. We may have to squeeze some more of that into the month of June as well. We shall see. Of course, they are always welcome to come down here too. (You know that, right?)

I did take a few pictures of the kids just before we left their house last Monday, and I will post them later today. I still have to upload them to my computer. I don't know why I didn't take more than I actually did. I guess I was just too busy visiting to worry with the camera. I don't really know. I will also have a ton of pictures from this coming weekend as well. Those will come on Monday more than likely.

Well, I guess that's it for now. I could go on and on, because talking/typing is something I certainly have no problem with. lol. I always say, "I could talk to a tree stump". So, I'll shut up now, or stop typing. However you wanna look at it. :)

3 comments:

Billy said...

We did have a good time up at Matt and Carolyns, I just wish we had about a week to spend in that pool...it is NICE!!!

Matthew said...

and preferably when it's not cloudy and rainy... :)

Yeah, I have been awful about taking pictures lately, but then it's been raining for a month!!

Tim said...

Hope you had fun in New Orleans :)