Thursday, June 4, 2009

New Orleans

I've taken all week to get around to this. We did go to New Orleans last weekend and had a great time. We toured St. Louis #3 cemetery, Besthoff Sculpture Garden, Jackson Square, the French Quarter, and Riverwalk.

Billy at the entrance to the St. Louis Cemetery #3.


It was actually very pretty for a cemetery. Lots of crosses and angels everywhere too.

The entrance to the sculpture garden.

Billy being silly. lol. He's pretending to as for directions. So silly. :)

This was my favorite sculpture. It was a huge spider.

This is the entrance to Riverwalk. It's a shopping mall right on the water. I thought it was neat.

This is the statue of Andrew Jackson in the middle of Jackson Square.

St. Louis Cathedral in Jackson Square

This was one of the first churches built in Louisiana. It's well over 200 yrs. old.
Ok, so I obviously started this several days ago. All I had left to do was put a little text under each picture and it would have been ready. I am so bad at putting things off. But hey, I've been busy. I do have all of my pictures posted on my Shutterfly account, so if you want to see them, just click on the link to the right.
Now I think I will get started on my post from this past weekend, as this is actually from the weekend before, May 20-31.

5 comments:

Matthew said...

Looks like a fun visit!

Tonya said...

It was. Thanks so much again for watching the kids for us.

Matthew said...

No problem at all! We had fun! :)

Tim said...

Neat. I like the photos of the church, I love historic places!

Crazie Hamster :B said...

Man, I wish I could have been there:)